Written By: Cynthia Vincent, Biz Group, Leadership Consultant
It’s been said that people don’t quit jobs, they quit bad bosses. How can you ensure that as a leader, you are empowering your team and utilizing their capabilities effectively?
Check out the 5 things that make a great boss great:
- Great bosses attract, hire, utilize and cultivate A player talent
- Great bosses set a clear vision, direction and expectations
- Great bosses regularly create opportunities for their people to stretch their capability.
- Great bosses understand that we often learn more from our failures than our successes.
- Finally great bosses appreciate and utilise the intelligence of their team.
They encourage lively discussions that will unearth opinions different to their own. They are inclusive and understand that the 22 year old new grad can add as much value to the conversation as the 42 year old director.
So now you know what to do , go and do it! Get in touch with one of our Solutions Advisors if you have any questions on how you can make your leaders great bosses.